Fair Processing Notice for Purchasers
This Fair Processing Notice explains why Durkan Limited needs your personal data when you register your interest or buy a property from us.
Our contact details
Our office is at 4 Elstree Gate, Elstree Way, Borehamwood, Herts WD6 1JD.
What personal data do we collect about you? How will we use that personal data? How long do we keep it for?
When you make an enquiry about purchasing a property, we will collect and process your name, address, email and phone number. We do this in order to answer your enquiry. If you decide not to purchase a property at this time, we will keep your personal data on our system for two years in case you change your mind. After two years, we will delete it.
If you do decide to purchase a property, we will keep the same personal data for the length of your warranty plus 10 years.
What is our legal basis for processing your personal data? How long do we hold your personal data?
We need a legal basis in order to process your personal data.
We will process your personal data from your enquiry with your consent. If you chose to purchase a property, we will process your personal data because we have a contract with you.
We will keep your personal data on our system because there is a legitimate business need to do so.
You have the right to object to our processing your data using legitimate interest. Please speak to us if you have any concerns.
Do we use any automated decision making?
No, we do not use any automated decision making.
Who do we share your personal data with?
When you register your interest to purchase a property we will share your data with either our appointed Estate Agent or on-site Marketing Suite. In both instances, you will then be contacted by the relevant party. Your personal data will also be shared with our software providers and Outlook as it is stored on our system.
If you purchase a property, your details will be shared with our solicitors, appointed estate agent and NHBC to enable them to comply with their legal obligations and for legitimate business reasons, i.e. the administration of the Buildmark Policy, and issuing the legal pack, etc.
Do we transfer your personal data outside of the EU or EEA?
No, we do not transfer your personal data outside of the EU.
You have rights in respect of the personal data Durkan Limited holds about you. You may:
- Access your personal data and request information about how it is processed. You may ask for a copy of your personal data (but we will need to remove information about other people before releasing it).
- Request that we rectify any incorrect personal data that we are processing.
- Request that we erase your personal data if:
- we no longer need it;
- if we are processing your personal data by consent and you withdraw that consent;
- if we no longer have a legitimate ground to process your personal data; or
- we are processing your personal data unlawfully.
- To object to our processing if it is for reasons of legitimate interest.
- To restrict our processing if it was by legitimate interest.
- To request that your personal data be transferred from us to another company if we were processing your data under a contract or with your consent and the processing is carried out by automated means.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact us in writing at the email address below.
If you have any questions or concerns about your data, please email us at DPO@durkan.co.uk in the first instance and we will do our best to resolve the issue quickly.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing with the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office.